UK: Warburtons adds to Half & Half line
- Warburtons launches Half & Half Medium loaf
Half & Half Medium joins Warburton's Toastie loaf launched last month
UK baker Warburtons has extended its Half & Half bread offering with the launch of a medium loaf.
Half & Half Medium joins Warburton's Toastie loaf launched last month. The baker said it is hoping the launch will drive further growth in the half and half sector, which currently occupies an 11.2% value share of the wrapped bread market.
Warburtons has a 29.7% value share of this sector and the company said it aims to grow the overall category as well as driving bakery consumption with the launch by appealing to parents seeking to "balance their childrens' need for tasty options with their own desire to ensure they are eating healthily".
Warburtons, the UK's number one branded baker, is set to expand its offering in the Half and Half sector, with the launch of its Half & Half Medium loaf, which joins its Half & Half Toastie loaf launched last month.
From a well known brand that consumers know and trust, the launch is expected to drive further growth in the Half and Half sector, which currently occupies an 11.2% value share of the Wrapped Bread market, totalling £197 million and growing significantly at 12% Nielsen, Total Coverage Value and Unit sales, 52 w/e 1509.12 in value terms and 11% in unit terms, year-on-year.
Warburtons has a 29.7% value share of the Wrapped Bread sector and aims to grow the overall category as well as driving bakery consumption with the launch of the new product, by appealing to parents seeking to balance their childrens' need for tasty options with their own desire to ensure they are eating healthily. The Half & Half Toastie and Medium loaves have all the taste credentials of white bread whilst providing additional nutrients of Wholegrain to a balanced diet.
Darren Littler, Director of Innovation, says: “With consumers increasingly looking for healthy options, our Half & Half range of loaves can help retailers capitalise on this healthy eating trend and driving further growth in this category with the nations favourite baker and a brand consumers trust. We have taken packaging cues and colours from our much loved wax loaves to allow consumers to recognise our presence in this sector coupled with a clear name describing the product. With all the taste of white bread yet providing additional nutritional benefits of the Wholemeal flour included, this range is ideal for catering to those shopping for families with children for breakfast and lunch.”
The launch of the new Half & Half Medium loaf follows the October launch of the Half & Half Toastie Loaf* (MSRP £1.25) - both products contain a blend of white and wholemeal flour, and offer a source of Fibre.
The packaging retains the colour cues of the products' White bread counter parts, Warburtons Toastie loaf and Medium loaf. The new Half & Half Medium is more thinly sliced than Half & Half Toastie, making it the ideal option for children's sandwiches.
The products will be widely available across multiple, convenience and wholesale retailers and each loaf is 750g and square cut, giving consumers more versatility for sandwiches and toast.
Original source: Warburton's
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details