UK: Warburtons adds to Weight Watchers range
The new Weight Watchers Thick Sliced White will be available from 14 August and has been launched in response to an "ever-growing" consumption of dietary food and drink, the company said.
The launch will be supported by consumer PR and sampling.
"Consumers on weight management plans tell us that they would like to be able to eat quality, tasty food without having to compromise on taste," said Sarah Miskell, category director at Warburtons. "Weight Watchers Thick Sliced White is ideal for toasting at breakfast or for making sandwiches at lunch. We're sure this new loaf will be a winner."
The new loaves will have an RRP of GBP0.93 (US1.85).
Last month, Warburtons announced it is to spend GBP45m on a new bakery in south-west England as the company looks to build on growing sales outside its northern heartland.
UK baker Warburtons is bringing back its Hot Cross Bun Loaf....
UK baker Warburtons has unveiled plans to relaunch its traditional breakfast range this month as part of a GBP22m (US$32.7m) investment across the Warburtons' portfolio....
Rivermill Foods has revealed plans to expand its offering of WeightWatchers bread products in the UK in a move that it believes will add value to the healthy bakery category....
Following last year's bird flu health scares, Bernard Matthews lost 28% of its brand value, according to a survey listing the top 100 brands in the UK....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action