UK: Warburtons expands presence in gluten-free sector with latest launch
Warburtons has added sandwich thins to its gluten-free category
Baker Warburtons is bolstering its presence in the gluten free sector with the launch of new gluten free sandwich thins under its Newburn Bakehouse brand.
The gluten free White and Seeded Sandwich Thins have been launched following "growing demand from free-from consumers and an increase in popularity of sandwich alternatives". According to research from Mintel, demand for free from products continues to grow with 13% of the population eating gluten free in 2013 compared to only 8% in 2012.
Newburn Bakehouse currently carries a gluten free White Loaf, Seeded Loaf and Spiced Fruit Loaf.
The new range has been rolled out across 1250 Tesco Express stores across the UK and is set to be launched this month across all major multiples.
Chris Hook, director of Newburn Bakehouse by Warburtons, said: "With 73% of people now choosing their supermarket dependent on the range of gluten free products available, we know how important it is to have our products in the right place at the right time."
He added: "We are committed to increasing our availability further to ensure families across the UK can enjoy our products. This latest listing in Tesco Express showcases the need for free-from in the convenience sector."
The gluten free Sandwich Thins will retail at GBP2.30 (US$3.90) with four in a pack.
Canadean's "Tesco Kipa Kitle Pazarlama Ticaret ve Gida Sanayi A.S. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
Tesco PLC (TSCO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
Tesco aims to maintain its leading position in retailing in Hungary in 2013 through constant innovation, an ever wider range of products and a stronger image through the offer a new private label rang...
With its core packaged/industrial bread category in decline, Warburtons will look to continue building on its recent diversification strategy. With its recent acquisition of Giles Foods, the company h...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details