UK: Warburtons expands presence in gluten-free sector with latest launch
Warburtons has added sandwich thins to its gluten-free category
Baker Warburtons is bolstering its presence in the gluten free sector with the launch of new gluten free sandwich thins under its Newburn Bakehouse brand.
The gluten free White and Seeded Sandwich Thins have been launched following "growing demand from free-from consumers and an increase in popularity of sandwich alternatives". According to research from Mintel, demand for free from products continues to grow with 13% of the population eating gluten free in 2013 compared to only 8% in 2012.
Newburn Bakehouse currently carries a gluten free White Loaf, Seeded Loaf and Spiced Fruit Loaf.
The new range has been rolled out across 1250 Tesco Express stores across the UK and is set to be launched this month across all major multiples.
Chris Hook, director of Newburn Bakehouse by Warburtons, said: "With 73% of people now choosing their supermarket dependent on the range of gluten free products available, we know how important it is to have our products in the right place at the right time."
He added: "We are committed to increasing our availability further to ensure families across the UK can enjoy our products. This latest listing in Tesco Express showcases the need for free-from in the convenience sector."
The gluten free Sandwich Thins will retail at GBP2.30 (US$3.90) with four in a pack.
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak