UK: Warburtons marketing director Hayes steps down
UK baker Warburtons has confirmed that its marketing director Richard Hayes has left the company.
A spokesperson for Warburtons told just-food today (6 February) that Hayes is no longer with the family-owned baker but declined to comment on the reasons for his departure.
"Richard has left the business to pursue his career outside of Warburtons," the spokesperson said, adding that "an announcement will be made in due course" on his replacement.
News of Hayes' departure emerged as Warburtons launched an GBP8.2m (US$12.9m) marketing campaign in the UK.
The push, ronted by TV doctor Hilary Jones, TV presenter Jenni Falconer and nutritionist Fiona Hunter, supports the introduction of a number of new products to Warburtons' range.
The UK baker has launched a range of brioche products, including Choc Chip Rolls and Raisin Swirls. The firm has also expanded its range of seeded loaves with two new products; Seeded Batch ‘Toasted Seeds', and Seeded Batch ‘Seeds & Cereals'.
The union representing Warburtons employees is consulting with its members to see if it should push ahead with possible strike action after the UK baker offered baking staff a pay rise of 2%....
The managing director of UK baker Warburtons, Robert Higginson, has left the company....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017