UK: Warburtons marketing director Hayes steps down
UK baker Warburtons has confirmed that its marketing director Richard Hayes has left the company.
A spokesperson for Warburtons told just-food today (6 February) that Hayes is no longer with the family-owned baker but declined to comment on the reasons for his departure.
"Richard has left the business to pursue his career outside of Warburtons," the spokesperson said, adding that "an announcement will be made in due course" on his replacement.
News of Hayes' departure emerged as Warburtons launched an GBP8.2m (US$12.9m) marketing campaign in the UK.
The push, ronted by TV doctor Hilary Jones, TV presenter Jenni Falconer and nutritionist Fiona Hunter, supports the introduction of a number of new products to Warburtons' range.
The UK baker has launched a range of brioche products, including Choc Chip Rolls and Raisin Swirls. The firm has also expanded its range of seeded loaves with two new products; Seeded Batch ‘Toasted Seeds', and Seeded Batch ‘Seeds & Cereals'.
The union representing Warburtons employees is consulting with its members to see if it should push ahead with possible strike action after the UK baker offered baking staff a pay rise of 2%....
The managing director of UK baker Warburtons, Robert Higginson, has left the company....
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters