UK: Warburtons marketing director Hayes steps down
UK baker Warburtons has confirmed that its marketing director Richard Hayes has left the company.
A spokesperson for Warburtons told just-food today (6 February) that Hayes is no longer with the family-owned baker but declined to comment on the reasons for his departure.
"Richard has left the business to pursue his career outside of Warburtons," the spokesperson said, adding that "an announcement will be made in due course" on his replacement.
News of Hayes' departure emerged as Warburtons launched an GBP8.2m (US$12.9m) marketing campaign in the UK.
The push, ronted by TV doctor Hilary Jones, TV presenter Jenni Falconer and nutritionist Fiona Hunter, supports the introduction of a number of new products to Warburtons' range.
The UK baker has launched a range of brioche products, including Choc Chip Rolls and Raisin Swirls. The firm has also expanded its range of seeded loaves with two new products; Seeded Batch ‘Toasted Seeds', and Seeded Batch ‘Seeds & Cereals'.
The union representing Warburtons employees is consulting with its members to see if it should push ahead with possible strike action after the UK baker offered baking staff a pay rise of 2%....
The managing director of UK baker Warburtons, Robert Higginson, has left the company....
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015