UK: Warburtons MD Higginson steps down
The managing director of UK baker Warburtons, Robert Higginson, has left the company.
Higginson has stepped down from his role after 11 years with the business, the company said, to "pursue other interests".
"This was a joint decision made by both Warburtons and Robert", the company said in a statement.
Chairman Jonathan Warburton will step into the role on an interim basis while the company recruits for a replacement, it said.
"We would like to thank Robert for his commitment to the business and we wish him all the best for the future," the company said.
The departure of Higginson will be the second senior executive to leave the business this year. In February, Warburtons confirmed that its marketing director Richard Hayes had left the company.
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia