UK: Warburtons MD Higginson steps down
The managing director of UK baker Warburtons, Robert Higginson, has left the company.
Higginson has stepped down from his role after 11 years with the business, the company said, to "pursue other interests".
"This was a joint decision made by both Warburtons and Robert", the company said in a statement.
Chairman Jonathan Warburton will step into the role on an interim basis while the company recruits for a replacement, it said.
"We would like to thank Robert for his commitment to the business and we wish him all the best for the future," the company said.
The departure of Higginson will be the second senior executive to leave the business this year. In February, Warburtons confirmed that its marketing director Richard Hayes had left the company.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's