UK: Warburtons MD Higginson steps down
The managing director of UK baker Warburtons, Robert Higginson, has left the company.
Higginson has stepped down from his role after 11 years with the business, the company said, to "pursue other interests".
"This was a joint decision made by both Warburtons and Robert", the company said in a statement.
Chairman Jonathan Warburton will step into the role on an interim basis while the company recruits for a replacement, it said.
"We would like to thank Robert for his commitment to the business and we wish him all the best for the future," the company said.
The departure of Higginson will be the second senior executive to leave the business this year. In February, Warburtons confirmed that its marketing director Richard Hayes had left the company.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)