UK: Warburtons MD Higginson steps down
The managing director of UK baker Warburtons, Robert Higginson, has left the company.
Higginson has stepped down from his role after 11 years with the business, the company said, to "pursue other interests".
"This was a joint decision made by both Warburtons and Robert", the company said in a statement.
Chairman Jonathan Warburton will step into the role on an interim basis while the company recruits for a replacement, it said.
"We would like to thank Robert for his commitment to the business and we wish him all the best for the future," the company said.
The departure of Higginson will be the second senior executive to leave the business this year. In February, Warburtons confirmed that its marketing director Richard Hayes had left the company.
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- BRICs: How dairy deal bolsters Lactalis and BRF
- Comment: Kingsmill "youth" appeal bodes well
- Comment: Do not expect huge change at Danone
- Arla joins race for Egypt's Arab Dairy
- San Miguel confirms eyeing bid for United Biscuits
- Mondelez pauses production at Cadbury Oz site
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure
- San Miguel Corp., Savola "eye United Biscuits"