UK: Warburtons MD Higginson steps down
The managing director of UK baker Warburtons, Robert Higginson, has left the company.
Higginson has stepped down from his role after 11 years with the business, the company said, to "pursue other interests".
"This was a joint decision made by both Warburtons and Robert", the company said in a statement.
Chairman Jonathan Warburton will step into the role on an interim basis while the company recruits for a replacement, it said.
"We would like to thank Robert for his commitment to the business and we wish him all the best for the future," the company said.
The departure of Higginson will be the second senior executive to leave the business this year. In February, Warburtons confirmed that its marketing director Richard Hayes had left the company.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes