UK: Warburtons MD Higginson steps down
The managing director of UK baker Warburtons, Robert Higginson, has left the company.
Higginson has stepped down from his role after 11 years with the business, the company said, to "pursue other interests".
"This was a joint decision made by both Warburtons and Robert", the company said in a statement.
Chairman Jonathan Warburton will step into the role on an interim basis while the company recruits for a replacement, it said.
"We would like to thank Robert for his commitment to the business and we wish him all the best for the future," the company said.
The departure of Higginson will be the second senior executive to leave the business this year. In February, Warburtons confirmed that its marketing director Richard Hayes had left the company.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report