UK: Warburtons revamps range
UK baker Warburtons has extended its bread roll range and revamped the packaging across all existing products.
Warburtons Lunch Rolls comprise 'premium' rolls available in three varieties - White, Wholemeal and Grains & Seeds - and will be available to retailers from early March.
The new look packaging has been designed to "maximise standout on shelf", the company said today (23 February) and to present consumers with a "complete rolls range".
Sarah Miskell, category director at Warburtons, said: "We are thrilled to launch our new Lunch Rolls range. Currently 28% of bakery is consumed at the in-home lunch occasion and this is growing year on year. Our consumer research told us that shoppers were looking for soft rolls suitable for soup or sandwiches in a variety of flavours … so this is what we have given them."
Warburtons Lunch Rolls will be available in packs of six with an RSP of GBP1.10 (US$1.60). The launch will be supported with consumer PR throughout National Bread Week, which takes place between 4 and 10 May.
UK bread maker Warburtons today (3 August) described its latest accounts as "satisfactory" after the company saw annual operating profits fall by more than 6%....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast