UK/FRANCE: Warburtons secures Casino listing
The company is selling bread into 270 of Casino's Monoprix stores, it has confirmed.
Warburtons is expanding its business in Europe. In May, it said it would begin selling bread in Spain, targeting British ex-pats through stores in Malaga, Alicante and the Balearic Islands.
Warburtons made its first move into international markets last year with trials in Tesco stores in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Poland.
Profits in Warburtons' last financial year were hit by raw material costs and tough trading conditions in the UK.
Pre-tax profit for the year to 24 September slumped 38% to GBP16.3m (US$25.6m), while operating profit slid 41.9% to GBP25.5m. Sales in the period edged up 0.6% to GBP495m.
Warburtons has unveiled an ambitious plan for its free-from business. The UK baker intends to double sales of free-from products during 2013. Katy Askew caught up with Warburtons free-from director Ch...
As our understanding of the horse meat contamination scandal develops the number of food products drawn in is likely to expand, raising some fundamental questions about the security of our food supply...
The UK's Food Standards Agency confirmed this morning (8 February) it is cooperating with European police authorities as it works to get to the bottom of the horse meat scandal....
McAdam Food Service, the Irish meat importer that ABP Foods claimed supplied it with horse meat-contaminated beef, has downplayed the possibility it is involved in the scandal....
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Young's eyeing new channels, M&A