UK/FRANCE: Warburtons secures Casino listing
The company is selling bread into 270 of Casino's Monoprix stores, it has confirmed.
Warburtons is expanding its business in Europe. In May, it said it would begin selling bread in Spain, targeting British ex-pats through stores in Malaga, Alicante and the Balearic Islands.
Warburtons made its first move into international markets last year with trials in Tesco stores in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Poland.
Profits in Warburtons' last financial year were hit by raw material costs and tough trading conditions in the UK.
Pre-tax profit for the year to 24 September slumped 38% to GBP16.3m (US$25.6m), while operating profit slid 41.9% to GBP25.5m. Sales in the period edged up 0.6% to GBP495m.
Warburtons has unveiled an ambitious plan for its free-from business. The UK baker intends to double sales of free-from products during 2013. Katy Askew caught up with Warburtons free-from director Ch...
As our understanding of the horse meat contamination scandal develops the number of food products drawn in is likely to expand, raising some fundamental questions about the security of our food supply...
The UK's Food Standards Agency confirmed this morning (8 February) it is cooperating with European police authorities as it works to get to the bottom of the horse meat scandal....
McAdam Food Service, the Irish meat importer that ABP Foods claimed supplied it with horse meat-contaminated beef, has downplayed the possibility it is involved in the scandal....
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- General Mills invests in another US SME
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets