UK: Warburtons to launch gluten-free range in January
Warburtons has announced plans to launch its gluten-free range in January
UK baker Warburtons has revealed details of its upcoming gluten-free range.
As just-food reported last month, Warburtons is looking to enter the fast-growing category with a new line of products.
The company said the range, to be launched in January, responds to the "increasing customer demand for quality gluten-free bakery products that do not compromise on taste and texture".
Warburtons said the move will make the company the first branded baker in the UK to enter the free-from bread category.
To support the launch, Warburtons will be running a marketing campaign across the consumer press, digital and experiential activity and a "partnership" with a mystery celebrity. It will also be rolling out trial initiatives including price promotions, product sampling and coupons.
Warburtons commercial development director Jason Uttley said: "Over the last few years we have received a large number of calls from consumers asking us for a gluten-free Warburtons product. We're therefore delighted to offer them a high-quality, great-tasting gluten-free range of products, giving them a much greater choice when shopping the free-from category."
The range will include 400g white and brown loaves, with a RSP of GBP2.49 (US$3.88); 600g white and brown loaves with a RSP of GBP2.89; packs of three white or brown sub rolls with an RSP of GBP1.99; and packs of four teacakes or four crumpets, each with an RSP of GBP2.19.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements