AUSTRALIA: Warren Truss accused of prostituting his position
Australian Agriculture Minister Warren Truss was yesterday [Monday] accused of prostituting his position and disregarding the interests of the beef industry. The Australian Lot Feeders Association told a Senate inquiry that Truss was guilty of "blatant political interference" over his handling of the US beef quota. The Association estimated his dealings would cost some 5000 regional jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail