AUSTRALIA: Warren Truss accused of prostituting his position
Australian Agriculture Minister Warren Truss was yesterday [Monday] accused of prostituting his position and disregarding the interests of the beef industry. The Australian Lot Feeders Association told a Senate inquiry that Truss was guilty of "blatant political interference" over his handling of the US beef quota. The Association estimated his dealings would cost some 5000 regional jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix