AUSTRALIA: Warren Truss accused of prostituting his position
Australian Agriculture Minister Warren Truss was yesterday [Monday] accused of prostituting his position and disregarding the interests of the beef industry. The Australian Lot Feeders Association told a Senate inquiry that Truss was guilty of "blatant political interference" over his handling of the US beef quota. The Association estimated his dealings would cost some 5000 regional jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea