AUS: Warrnambool requests trading halt
Australian dairy group Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory has requested the Australian stock exchange to grant an "immediate trading halt" with respect to its ordinary shares.
In a filing with the ASX, WCB management said that the trading halt was pending "finalisation of a significant equity issue".
"WCB wishes the trading halt to last until such time as it makes an announcement to the market that the equity issue has been finalised," the company said.
No further issues were provided, however, WCB said that the halt would not last beyond the 31 March.
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"