AUS: Warrnambool signs Mitsubishi dairy supply deal
Warrnambool CEO David Lord said the company was “delighted” to formalise “even closer ties” with Mitsubishi
Australian dairy firm Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory has entered into an agreement to supply premium milk powders to Japan's Mitsubishi Corp.
The deal is for an initial term of three years, with provisions to extend it further, the company said. The product supplied under the agreement will be used in the manufacture of milk-based beverages and other dairy products for the Japanese market.
Warrnambool CEO David Lord said: "This latest agreement is a direct result of our decision this year to upgrade our skim milk powder drier to enable the production of higher specification powders, and reflects out stated strategy of targeting premium dairy products and customer specific applications."
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan