UK: Watchdog opens case on ABF's Dorset Cereals buy
The CMA has invited comment from interested parties on ABF's proposed acquisition of Dorset Cereals
The UK's competition watchdog is investigating Associated British Foods' planned acquisition of Dorset Cereals.
The Competition and Markets Authority has issued an invitation to comment on the proposed deal.
ABF, the owner of muesli brand Jordans, announced in June it had struck an agreement to buy Dorset Cereals from Wellness Foods.
The CMA said it was considering whether the transaction has "resulted in the creation of a relevant merger situation ... and has resulted, or may be expected to result, in a substantial lessening of competition" in the sector.
When contacted by just-food today (11 August), ABF declined to comment specifically on the CMA's investigation. A spokesperson referred just-food to ABF's announcement when it confirmed the deal in June.
Interested parties have until 21 August to comment. At that stage, the CMA will then decide whether to launch a full merger inquiry.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s ......
Synopsis Canadean's "Associated British Foods plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
UK-based Associated British Foods Plc (ABF) has established a foothold in most regional markets, but its sales are significantly biased towards developed markets. Combined, developed markets accounted...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report