UK: Watchdog opens case on ABF's Dorset Cereals buy
The CMA has invited comment from interested parties on ABF's proposed acquisition of Dorset Cereals
The UK's competition watchdog is investigating Associated British Foods' planned acquisition of Dorset Cereals.
The Competition and Markets Authority has issued an invitation to comment on the proposed deal.
ABF, the owner of muesli brand Jordans, announced in June it had struck an agreement to buy Dorset Cereals from Wellness Foods.
The CMA said it was considering whether the transaction has "resulted in the creation of a relevant merger situation ... and has resulted, or may be expected to result, in a substantial lessening of competition" in the sector.
When contacted by just-food today (11 August), ABF declined to comment specifically on the CMA's investigation. A spokesperson referred just-food to ABF's announcement when it confirmed the deal in June.
Interested parties have until 21 August to comment. At that stage, the CMA will then decide whether to launch a full merger inquiry.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
UK-based Associated British Foods Plc (ABF) has established a foothold in most regional markets, but its sales are significantly biased towards developed markets. Combined, developed markets accounted...
Breakfast Cereals in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
This week's rundown of the latest financial results include a profit warning from TreeHouse Foods, an increase to profit forecasts at Post Holdings and a clutch of Japanese companies reporting their f...
Breakfast Cereals in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also ...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis