USA: Wayne Britt to Retire as Tyson CEO
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN), the poultry industry leader, announced today its CEO, Wayne Britt, will retire. John Tyson, the company's chairman, will assume the duties of CEO and president."I am leaving because our transition to a new generation is complete and, frankly, I would like time to pursue other interests," said Britt. "My adult life has been dedicated to Tyson Foods, and I am proud to have been associated with its many outstanding people and firmly believe in the company's future potential."John Tyson, Chairman, said, "Wayne has completed his role in transitioning Tyson Foods to the next generation. His many years of service to the company have been both valuable and appreciated."Tyson Foods, Inc., founded in 1935, is the world's largest fully integrated producer, processor and marketer of chicken and poultry-based food products with annual sales in excess of $7 billion. Over the years, the Tyson product line has expanded to include prepared meals and entrees, and specialty products such as corn chips and tortillas. Tyson Foods is headquartered in Springdale, Arkansas.For more information, contact Ed Nicholson, Tyson corporate public relations manager 501-290-4591.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin