USA: Webvan files for bankruptcy protection
Webvan Group, Inc. Friday (13 July) announced that it has filed for protection from its creditors under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The filing was made this afternoon in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the District of Delaware. The case was assigned case numbers: Webvan Group 01-2404; Webvan Operations 01-2405; HomeGrocer.com 01-2406; Webvan Bay Area Inc. 01-2407.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs