USA: Webvan files for bankruptcy protection
Webvan Group, Inc. Friday (13 July) announced that it has filed for protection from its creditors under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The filing was made this afternoon in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the District of Delaware. The case was assigned case numbers: Webvan Group 01-2404; Webvan Operations 01-2405; HomeGrocer.com 01-2406; Webvan Bay Area Inc. 01-2407.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant