USA: Webvan trucks line up reminder of dot com boom and bust
USA: Webvan truck line up reminder of dot com boom and bust More than 100 Webvan trucks are still parked up in Grantville, Georgia, awaiting buyers. Lined up in the red clay off the I-85, about 45 miles south of Atlanta, the trucks are a poignant reminder of the unpredictability of the dot com world. Once delivering premium groceries to the affluent sections of Atlanta, Webvan nose-dived, ran out of funds and filed for bankruptcy last summer. Equipment and warehouses worth hundreds of millions of dollars now lie unused.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti