Weetabix adds protein range to breakfast drinks
Weetabix has launched a protein version of its On The Go drink
Bright-Food owned Weetabix has added a protein-based variant to its On The Go drinks range in the UK in response to growing consumer demand for protein.
The range targets "health conscious consumers aged 25 and over" and is available in three variants: Vanilla, Strawberry & Raspberry and Blueberry & Blackberry. The drinks contain milk, fruit, protein and a soluble wheat fibre. Each serving provides 20g of protein.
Richard Lawrence, head of brand for Weetabix, said: "The trend for a protein-rich diet has become more mainstream, and consumers now believe that high protein products will keep you feeling fuller for longer and help build lean muscles. In fact, our research shows that 38% of people want to get more protein into their diet."
Weetabix On The Go Protein has an RSP of GBP1.99.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund