Weetabix adds protein range to breakfast drinks
Weetabix has launched a protein version of its On The Go drink
Bright-Food owned Weetabix has added a protein-based variant to its On The Go drinks range in the UK in response to growing consumer demand for protein.
The range targets "health conscious consumers aged 25 and over" and is available in three variants: Vanilla, Strawberry & Raspberry and Blueberry & Blackberry. The drinks contain milk, fruit, protein and a soluble wheat fibre. Each serving provides 20g of protein.
Richard Lawrence, head of brand for Weetabix, said: "The trend for a protein-rich diet has become more mainstream, and consumers now believe that high protein products will keep you feeling fuller for longer and help build lean muscles. In fact, our research shows that 38% of people want to get more protein into their diet."
Weetabix On The Go Protein has an RSP of GBP1.99.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea