UK: Weetabix adds to product range
Weetabix Golden Syrup contains half the sugar of other cereals in the sweetened category
UK cereal manufacturer Weetabix has announced four new products will be released at the end of the month.
Weetabix Golden Syrup is a biscuit baked with syrup but contains nearly half the sugar of the average cereals in the sweetened category, according to the company.
Weetabix senior brand manager Hannah Blackburn said: "Research told us that lots of consumers are looking for a healthy breakfast to set them up for the day ahead that is not only substantial but also delivers a sweeter taste. We knew we needed to innovate and when we looked at our options, baking Golden Syrup into the biscuits was the best way to get to a sweeter tasting biscuit, using the least amount of added sugar."
Meanwhile, Weetabix is set to launch Alpen Apricot, Almond and Hazelnut Muesli, a new SKU that contains apricot, almond, hazelnuts, wheat flakes, oats and sultanas.
"We wanted a new muesli product that brings something different to the category with exciting textures and flavours. Data has shown that apricot-flavoured food occasions have grown by a massive 10% over the past three years," Blackburn said, citing data from Kantar Worldpanel.
Finally, two new flavours of Weetabix Crispy Minis - caramel and nut and strawberry - will also be available from 30 January, the company, owned by private-equity firm Lion Capital, said.
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights