UK: Weetabix adds to product range
Weetabix Golden Syrup contains half the sugar of other cereals in the sweetened category
UK cereal manufacturer Weetabix has announced four new products will be released at the end of the month.
Weetabix Golden Syrup is a biscuit baked with syrup but contains nearly half the sugar of the average cereals in the sweetened category, according to the company.
Weetabix senior brand manager Hannah Blackburn said: "Research told us that lots of consumers are looking for a healthy breakfast to set them up for the day ahead that is not only substantial but also delivers a sweeter taste. We knew we needed to innovate and when we looked at our options, baking Golden Syrup into the biscuits was the best way to get to a sweeter tasting biscuit, using the least amount of added sugar."
Meanwhile, Weetabix is set to launch Alpen Apricot, Almond and Hazelnut Muesli, a new SKU that contains apricot, almond, hazelnuts, wheat flakes, oats and sultanas.
"We wanted a new muesli product that brings something different to the category with exciting textures and flavours. Data has shown that apricot-flavoured food occasions have grown by a massive 10% over the past three years," Blackburn said, citing data from Kantar Worldpanel.
Finally, two new flavours of Weetabix Crispy Minis - caramel and nut and strawberry - will also be available from 30 January, the company, owned by private-equity firm Lion Capital, said.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019