UK: Weetabix coy on "bid" for Dorset Cereals
Weetabix has refused to comment on speculation it is one of the firms looking to acquire Dorset Cereals
Weetabix has refused to "confirm or deny" reports it is one of the suitors looking to buy UK muesli manufacturer Dorset Cereals.
Last week there were reports Weetabix is one of a list of three manufacturers that have made a bid for the UK cereal firm.
Sky News reported Weetabix, Kellogg and Associated British Foods are among the bidders for Dorset Cereals, which is part of Wellness Foods, a health food group backed by horseracing tycoons JP McManus and John Magnier. Private-equity firms are also said to be interested, the broadcaster reported.
Last month, The Daily Telegraph reported Wellness Foods was looking to sell the business for GBP40m-50m (US$66.3-82.8m).
In an email to just-food today (7 April) a spokesperson for Weetabix said: "We're aware of the market speculation and will not be offering a comment to confirm or deny."
Today Weetabix announced plans to cut staff pay and hours in the UK, a reaction believed to be prompted by increasing pressure from supermarket own brands and discount food retailers.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Canadean's "Kellogg Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
UK-based Associated British Foods Plc (ABF) has established a foothold in most regional markets, but its sales are significantly biased towards developed markets. Combined, developed markets accounted...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015