UK: Weetabix coy on "bid" for Dorset Cereals
Weetabix has refused to comment on speculation it is one of the firms looking to acquire Dorset Cereals
Weetabix has refused to "confirm or deny" reports it is one of the suitors looking to buy UK muesli manufacturer Dorset Cereals.
Last week there were reports Weetabix is one of a list of three manufacturers that have made a bid for the UK cereal firm.
Sky News reported Weetabix, Kellogg and Associated British Foods are among the bidders for Dorset Cereals, which is part of Wellness Foods, a health food group backed by horseracing tycoons JP McManus and John Magnier. Private-equity firms are also said to be interested, the broadcaster reported.
Last month, The Daily Telegraph reported Wellness Foods was looking to sell the business for GBP40m-50m (US$66.3-82.8m).
In an email to just-food today (7 April) a spokesperson for Weetabix said: "We're aware of the market speculation and will not be offering a comment to confirm or deny."
Today Weetabix announced plans to cut staff pay and hours in the UK, a reaction believed to be prompted by increasing pressure from supermarket own brands and discount food retailers.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Canadean's "Kellogg Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
UK-based Associated British Foods Plc (ABF) has established a foothold in most regional markets, but its sales are significantly biased towards developed markets. Combined, developed markets accounted...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019