UK: Weetabix launches On The Go breakfast biscuits
Weetabix is the latest company to enter the breakfast biscuit category
UK cereal manufacturer Weetabix has entered the breakfast biscuit category with the launch of an On The Go range.
The product line, which launches in singles and multipacks this month is available in three variants: Milk & Cereal, Apple with a hint of Cinnamon and Fruit & Fibre. The launch will be supported by a GBP6m media campaign including national TV advertising, PR, sampling and digital activity.
Weetabix is the latest company to enter the breakfast biscuit category following Kraft Foods' launch of Belvita in 2010.
In June last year, Kellogg introduced breakfast biscuits under its Nutri-Grain brand. The US cereal manufacturer said breakfast biscuits had "huge potential" but had so far not won over many UK consumers. It said 16% of households had tried the products already in the market.
Front-of-pack nutrition labels. It is a divisive subject that can turn those on both sides of the debate a nice shade of red....
Kellogg's US health food subsidiary Kashi Co. has expanded its snacks range to increase a line of hummus crisps....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights