UK: Weetabix launches On The Go breakfast biscuits
Weetabix is the latest company to enter the breakfast biscuit category
UK cereal manufacturer Weetabix has entered the breakfast biscuit category with the launch of an On The Go range.
The product line, which launches in singles and multipacks this month is available in three variants: Milk & Cereal, Apple with a hint of Cinnamon and Fruit & Fibre. The launch will be supported by a GBP6m media campaign including national TV advertising, PR, sampling and digital activity.
Weetabix is the latest company to enter the breakfast biscuit category following Kraft Foods' launch of Belvita in 2010.
In June last year, Kellogg introduced breakfast biscuits under its Nutri-Grain brand. The US cereal manufacturer said breakfast biscuits had "huge potential" but had so far not won over many UK consumers. It said 16% of households had tried the products already in the market.
Front-of-pack nutrition labels. It is a divisive subject that can turn those on both sides of the debate a nice shade of red....
Kellogg's US health food subsidiary Kashi Co. has expanded its snacks range to increase a line of hummus crisps....
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China