UK/CHINA: Weetabix owner Bright coy amid IPO talk
Bright Food reported to be looking at Weetabix listing in Hong Kong
Bright Food, the Chinese food group that owns a controlling stake in UK cereal maker Weetabix, has insisted its primary focus is on expanding the brand in the country amid reports it could list the business.
Responding to reports that Bright could be preparing to float Weetabix in Hong Kong, a spokesperson for the company told just-food it was "too early to say" what the group's strategy would be.
"The acquisition by Bright Food of a majority holding of Weetabix closed yesterday. It is too early at this stage to confirm future plans for Weetabix," the spokesperson said.
However, the company added it is currently assessing the best way to expand Weetabix in China.
"Efforts will be placed on successfully executing the China business plan," the spokesperson emphasised.
Bright Food entered into an agreement to purchase 60% of Weetabix in May, in a deal that valued the group at GBP1.2bn (US$1.9bn). The remaining 40% of shares are held by private-equity group Lion Capital and Weetabix management.
Throughout the forecast period there is great potential for Lion Superindo –Gelael PT to expand its Super Indo supermarket network outside Java, especially in major cities outside Java, such as Medan,...
Weetabix has been forced to cut production of its Weetabix Minis and Oatibix bitesize ranges, a spokesperson for the group confirmed....
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report