UK: Weetabix to "upgrade" UK, North America facilities
Weetabix said the major capital investment will “replace or upgrade key processes within the estates”
Cereal manufacturer Weetabix is to invest GBP20m (US$31.4m) on the upgrade of its facilities in the UK and North America.
A spokesperson for Weetabix told just-food today (14 February) that the investment will be spread across eight sites in Burton Latimer, two in Northamptonshire and one in Ashton-under-Lyne. In North America, the company's facilities in Toronto and Boston also will benefit from the investment.
Weetabix said the major capital investment will "replace or upgrade key processes within the estates".
"The new production programme called internally 'Performance Through People' was implemented after a successful trial at Burton Latimer," the spokesperson told just-food. "The first initiation phase of the programme will be completed by the end of February.
"To date, the pilot facility at Burton Latimer has already seen 25% raised output in terms of hourly rates of production reduced waste and energy consumption."
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019