UK: Weetabix to "upgrade" UK, North America facilities
Weetabix said the major capital investment will “replace or upgrade key processes within the estates”
Cereal manufacturer Weetabix is to invest GBP20m (US$31.4m) on the upgrade of its facilities in the UK and North America.
A spokesperson for Weetabix told just-food today (14 February) that the investment will be spread across eight sites in Burton Latimer, two in Northamptonshire and one in Ashton-under-Lyne. In North America, the company's facilities in Toronto and Boston also will benefit from the investment.
Weetabix said the major capital investment will "replace or upgrade key processes within the estates".
"The new production programme called internally 'Performance Through People' was implemented after a successful trial at Burton Latimer," the spokesperson told just-food. "The first initiation phase of the programme will be completed by the end of February.
"To date, the pilot facility at Burton Latimer has already seen 25% raised output in terms of hourly rates of production reduced waste and energy consumption."
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report