UK: Weetabix unveils Alpen porridge range
The 8x40g packs will be introduced at a reduced price of GBP2.00 (US$ 3.13)
UK cereal manufacturer Weetabix has launched a porridge range under its Alpen brand.
Weetabix, which is owned by private-equity firm Lion Capital, announced the launch yesterday (10 October).
The porridge range is available in three flavours including Fruit & Nut, Raspberry, Apple & Raisin and Blueberry, Cranberry & Nuts.
Alpen brand manager Hannah Blackburn said: "All the flavours did extremely well in taste tests so we're hoping that the range will become just as popular with regular porridge eaters who are looking to get more from their porridge."
A potential merger combining Symington's and Premier Foods plc's brands was a hot topic for analyst speculation this week. Elsewhere, Australian wholesaler Metcash CEO Andrew Reitzer remained optimist...
M&A in the UK food sector was again a hot topic this week as news emerged that private equity investors could be preparing to merge Premier Foods' unwanted brands with fellow UK food group Symington's...
UK retailer Morrisons has announced a revamp of its fresh produce packaging in the UK as part of an own-label overhaul....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016