UK: Weetabix unveils Alpen porridge range
The 8x40g packs will be introduced at a reduced price of GBP2.00 (US$ 3.13)
UK cereal manufacturer Weetabix has launched a porridge range under its Alpen brand.
Weetabix, which is owned by private-equity firm Lion Capital, announced the launch yesterday (10 October).
The porridge range is available in three flavours including Fruit & Nut, Raspberry, Apple & Raisin and Blueberry, Cranberry & Nuts.
Alpen brand manager Hannah Blackburn said: "All the flavours did extremely well in taste tests so we're hoping that the range will become just as popular with regular porridge eaters who are looking to get more from their porridge."
A potential merger combining Symington's and Premier Foods plc's brands was a hot topic for analyst speculation this week. Elsewhere, Australian wholesaler Metcash CEO Andrew Reitzer remained optimist...
M&A in the UK food sector was again a hot topic this week as news emerged that private equity investors could be preparing to merge Premier Foods' unwanted brands with fellow UK food group Symington's...
UK retailer Morrisons has announced a revamp of its fresh produce packaging in the UK as part of an own-label overhaul....
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Analysis: Unilever's global ice cream push
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Unilever launches Magnum chocolates line
- Mondelez profits down but gives guidance boost
- Bel international reach offsets Europe challenge