USA: Weight Watchers reports 30% rise in 2002 revenue
US weight-loss service provider Weight Watchers International has reported a 65% fall in fourth-quarter net income, due to high year-earlier results that were boosted by a tax-related benefit. The company posted net income for the quarter to 28 December of US$28.4m, compared with $81.8m in the year-ago period. Excluding unusual items, the company said year-earlier earnings were $19.2m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch