UPDATE: US: Weight Watchers suit “without merit” - Nestle
Weight Watchers filed a lawsuit in the US yesterday (17 September), alleging that Nestle illegally used its name and 'points' system to promote its Skinny Cow low-fat ice cream and Stouffer's Lean Cuisine frozen meals.
The US-based weight management company said that it is seeking a restitution of "improper" profits, triple damages and punitive damages. The group is also seeking to prevent Nestle from further using its trademarks.
However, a spokesperson for Nestle insisted this afternoon that the claims were baseless.
"We are aware that this case has been filed in the United States and we are reviewing the allegations. We are confident that the lawsuit is without merit and will vigorously defend ourselves against these allegations," the spokesperson told just-food.
Nestle is expected to post a strong year-end performance following a weaker first half when the world's largest food company delivers its fourth quarter and full year results before the Zurich stock m...
The future of Glanbia, with its interest in consumer dairy products, dairy ingredients and sports nutrition, grabbed your interest this week as the Irish food group revealed it was in talks to offload...
US food regulators had a busy few days this week. They were forced to deal with the latest salmonella scare to hit the industry, while firing off a series of warning letters to manufacturers - includi...
Nestle plans to complete the consolidation of its Russian chocolate operations by this autumn....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements