US: Weis Markets announces new CEO
Weis Markets has appointed a new CEO
US retailer Weis Markets has given Jonathan Weis the roles of president and CEO on a permanent basis.
Weis had been serving as the company's interim CEO since Dave Hepfinger left the retailer in September.
He is the son of Robert F Weis who remains chairman of Weis Markets. During his 25 year career, Jonathan Weis has worked in positions throughout the company including produce merchandising, grocery procurement and store operations. He later worked in the company's real estate department where he was vice president of property management and development. In 2004, he became company vice chairman and corporate secretary. He will retain his role as vice chairman.
The company has 165 stores in five states in the Mid Atlantic region of the US.
Weis Markets (NYSE:WMK) today announced its Board of Directors has approved Jonathan Weis as Company President and Chief Executive officer (CEO). Mr. Weis, 46, will also retain his role as Company Vice Chairman.
Previously, Mr. Weis had been serving as the Company's interim CEO. As President and CEO, Mr. Weis will oversee all aspects of the company's retail, supply chain, merchandising, human resources, information technology, finance, real estate, and manufacturing operations. Mr. Weis, who joined the company in 1989, is the son of Robert F. Weis, who remains Chairman of Weis Markets. During his 25 year career, he worked in positions throughout the company including produce merchandising, grocery procurement and store operations. He later worked in the company's real estate department where he was vice president of property management and development. In 2004, he became company Vice Chairman and Corporate Secretary.
Mr. Weis is a graduate of Shikellamy High School in Sunbury, PA and holds a B.A. from Yale University. He has served on various local and regional boards.
About Weis Markets Founded in 1912, Weis Markets, Inc. is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 165 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia. For more information, please visit: WeisMarkets.com or Facebook.com/WeisMarkets.
Original source: Weis Markets
Weis Markets, Inc. (WMK) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Gl...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details