US: Weis Markets announces new CEO
Weis Markets has appointed a new CEO
US retailer Weis Markets has given Jonathan Weis the roles of president and CEO on a permanent basis.
Weis had been serving as the company's interim CEO since Dave Hepfinger left the retailer in September.
He is the son of Robert F Weis who remains chairman of Weis Markets. During his 25 year career, Jonathan Weis has worked in positions throughout the company including produce merchandising, grocery procurement and store operations. He later worked in the company's real estate department where he was vice president of property management and development. In 2004, he became company vice chairman and corporate secretary. He will retain his role as vice chairman.
The company has 165 stores in five states in the Mid Atlantic region of the US.
Weis Markets (NYSE:WMK) today announced its Board of Directors has approved Jonathan Weis as Company President and Chief Executive officer (CEO). Mr. Weis, 46, will also retain his role as Company Vice Chairman.
Previously, Mr. Weis had been serving as the Company's interim CEO. As President and CEO, Mr. Weis will oversee all aspects of the company's retail, supply chain, merchandising, human resources, information technology, finance, real estate, and manufacturing operations. Mr. Weis, who joined the company in 1989, is the son of Robert F. Weis, who remains Chairman of Weis Markets. During his 25 year career, he worked in positions throughout the company including produce merchandising, grocery procurement and store operations. He later worked in the company's real estate department where he was vice president of property management and development. In 2004, he became company Vice Chairman and Corporate Secretary.
Mr. Weis is a graduate of Shikellamy High School in Sunbury, PA and holds a B.A. from Yale University. He has served on various local and regional boards.
About Weis Markets Founded in 1912, Weis Markets, Inc. is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 165 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia. For more information, please visit: WeisMarkets.com or Facebook.com/WeisMarkets.
Original source: Weis Markets
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights