US: Weis Markets names store operations boss
Weis Markets has appointed Jay Ropietski to the position of vice president of store operations.
Ropietski, previously regional vice president for Price Chopper, will oversee the day to day operations of the US retailer's 156 stores in his new role and report to David Hepfinger, Weis Markets president and COO.
With 25 years experience in the food retailing sector, Ropietski has worked in a variety of positions including assistant store manager, store manager, perishable specialist and district manager.
Weis currently operates 156 stores in five states: Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and West Virginia. It also owns and operates SuperPetz, a pet supply superstore chain with 28 locations in nine states.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target