UK: Welfare group calls for end to Halal and Kosher animal slaughter method
A UK government advisory body has told the government that the method used to slaughter animals by Jews and Muslims should be banned. The Jewish and Muslim religions insist that animals are slaughtered with a sole cut to the throat. The Farm Animal Welfare Council (FAWC) believes that this method is far more cruel than that used by most abattoirs, which involves stunning the animal prior to slaughter with a bolt to the head.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth