UK: Welsh ice cream of the crop
WELSH ice cream companies scooped a number of awards at the Ice Cream Alliance's Annual Exhibition, held from October 31 - November 2, at Harrogate, Yorkshire. Nine Welsh companies were successful in their categories at the show, which had a distinctly Welsh theme, as the president was Sue Richards of Minoli's of Machen Ice Cream. Sue's company produces the only ice cream ever to have won the alliance's prestigious supreme champion award twice, and she is its first Welsh president in over 20 years. This year Minoli's of Machen took the First Prize / Silver Challenge Cup in the Mini Artistic Class, as well as a number of other prizes. Welsh successes included: Minoli's of Machen; Glaslyn Ices (Beddgelert); Joes Ice Cream Parlour (Swansea); Mr Creemy (Pontypridd); Frank's Ice Cream (Ammanford); Johnnies Ice Cream (Rhondda); Forte's (Llandudno); B. Sidoli and Sons (Ebbw Vale); Cadwalladers (Criccieth). There were 472 entries in nine competition categories, 32 of these from the Welsh ice-cream makers. The Welsh Development Agency Food Directorate supported Wales' largest ever presence at the exhibition, by putting its weight behind the Welsh division of the Ice Cream Alliance. Robert Morgan, speciality foods executive with the WDA Food Directorate, said: "sure that their presence at this event was the largest to date. We were delighted that our companies came up trumps once again, flying the flag for Welsh produce."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review