UK: Welsh ice cream of the crop
WELSH ice cream companies scooped a number of awards at the Ice Cream Alliance's Annual Exhibition, held from October 31 - November 2, at Harrogate, Yorkshire. Nine Welsh companies were successful in their categories at the show, which had a distinctly Welsh theme, as the president was Sue Richards of Minoli's of Machen Ice Cream. Sue's company produces the only ice cream ever to have won the alliance's prestigious supreme champion award twice, and she is its first Welsh president in over 20 years. This year Minoli's of Machen took the First Prize / Silver Challenge Cup in the Mini Artistic Class, as well as a number of other prizes. Welsh successes included: Minoli's of Machen; Glaslyn Ices (Beddgelert); Joes Ice Cream Parlour (Swansea); Mr Creemy (Pontypridd); Frank's Ice Cream (Ammanford); Johnnies Ice Cream (Rhondda); Forte's (Llandudno); B. Sidoli and Sons (Ebbw Vale); Cadwalladers (Criccieth). There were 472 entries in nine competition categories, 32 of these from the Welsh ice-cream makers. The Welsh Development Agency Food Directorate supported Wales' largest ever presence at the exhibition, by putting its weight behind the Welsh division of the Ice Cream Alliance. Robert Morgan, speciality foods executive with the WDA Food Directorate, said: "sure that their presence at this event was the largest to date. We were delighted that our companies came up trumps once again, flying the flag for Welsh produce."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre