UK: Welsh ice cream of the crop
WELSH ice cream companies scooped a number of awards at the Ice Cream Alliance's Annual Exhibition, held from October 31 - November 2, at Harrogate, Yorkshire. Nine Welsh companies were successful in their categories at the show, which had a distinctly Welsh theme, as the president was Sue Richards of Minoli's of Machen Ice Cream. Sue's company produces the only ice cream ever to have won the alliance's prestigious supreme champion award twice, and she is its first Welsh president in over 20 years. This year Minoli's of Machen took the First Prize / Silver Challenge Cup in the Mini Artistic Class, as well as a number of other prizes. Welsh successes included: Minoli's of Machen; Glaslyn Ices (Beddgelert); Joes Ice Cream Parlour (Swansea); Mr Creemy (Pontypridd); Frank's Ice Cream (Ammanford); Johnnies Ice Cream (Rhondda); Forte's (Llandudno); B. Sidoli and Sons (Ebbw Vale); Cadwalladers (Criccieth). There were 472 entries in nine competition categories, 32 of these from the Welsh ice-cream makers. The Welsh Development Agency Food Directorate supported Wales' largest ever presence at the exhibition, by putting its weight behind the Welsh division of the Ice Cream Alliance. Robert Morgan, speciality foods executive with the WDA Food Directorate, said: "sure that their presence at this event was the largest to date. We were delighted that our companies came up trumps once again, flying the flag for Welsh produce."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report