UK: Welsh ice cream showcase
Welsh ice cream makers will be out in force at the Ice Cream Alliance's Annual Exhibition and Awards, which are being held from October 31 - November 2, at Harrogate, Yorkshire. The event will feature nine Welsh companies, and, despite its location, will have a distinctly Welsh theme as the show president is Sue Richards of Minoli's of Machen Ice Cream. Sue's company produces the only ice cream ever to have won the alliance's prestigious supreme champion award twice, and she is its first Welsh president in over 20 years. There will be 472 entries in nine competition categories, 32 of these from the Welsh ice-cream makers. The winners will be announced at a banquet on Wednesday evening."Here in Wales we have a very strong ice-cream making tradition, and Welsh companies have a good record in these awards, particularly in the dairy category," said Sue.Robert Morgan, speciality foods executive with the WDA Food Directorate, added: "We are putting our weight behind the Welsh division of the Ice Cream Alliance, ensuring that their presence at this event is the largest to date."Let's hope we do as well here as we did at the British Cheese Awards last month, when we came home with six gold; eight silver and 12 bronze medals." Welsh companies exhibiting at the exhibition include: Minoli's of Machen; Cadwalladers (Criccieth); Glaslyn Ices (Beddgelert); Thayers (Cardiff); Rossi's (Cardiff); Mario's Luxury Dairy Ice Cream (Carmarthen); Sidoli's (Ebbw Vale); Mr Creamy (Pontypridd); Joe's Ice Cream (Swansea). MORE DETAILS: Menna Davies, 01686 613175
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report