USA: Wendy's - PETA breaks through - COMMENT (Members)
PETA has called off its anti-Wendy's campaign after the fast-food chain agreed to its demands. The campaign was called off one day after Wendy's told PETA it would strengthen its oversight of suppliers and improve the treatment of animals before and during slaughter. Fast-food companies concerned about their image should follow the Big Three's new standards, rather than risking negative publicity that would damage their expensively built brands.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant