USA: Wendy's sandwich "exploded" says woman in lawsuit
Mitzi Pumphrey was in court last weekend to demand no less than US$25,000 in compensation from Wendy's quick service restaurant chain, claiming that she suffered severe burns when a chicken sandwich purchased at the company "exploded" onto her face and hands. The Clyde, Ohio woman filed the suit in Sandusky County Common Pleas Court, and insisted that US$25,000 is a reasonable amount given the level of suffering inflicted on her and family by the exploding sandwich.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill