USA: Wendy's sandwich "exploded" says woman in lawsuit
Mitzi Pumphrey was in court last weekend to demand no less than US$25,000 in compensation from Wendy's quick service restaurant chain, claiming that she suffered severe burns when a chicken sandwich purchased at the company "exploded" onto her face and hands. The Clyde, Ohio woman filed the suit in Sandusky County Common Pleas Court, and insisted that US$25,000 is a reasonable amount given the level of suffering inflicted on her and family by the exploding sandwich.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth