US: Wenner to step down as B&G Foods CEO
Wenner has led an acquisition spree at B&G in recent years
David Wenner has decided to step down as president and CEO of B&G Foods after over two decades at the US food group.
Wenner, who has worked for B&G for 25 years, with 21 leading the company, will retire from the roles in December but will stay on its board.
"As appealing as it is to continue to be part of this remarkable company, I turn 65 in October. I feel that this milestone in my life signals the right time to make a change for myself and my family," Wenner says. "After over twenty years of my leadership, it also seems an appropriate time to transition B&G Foods to new leadership."
B&G chairman Stephen Sherrill said Wenner had made "innumerable contributions" to the business.
"Under Dave Wenner's leadership, B&G Foods has evolved from a small, regional pickle company to a leading public food company with a diverse portfolio of iconic brands, net sales quickly approaching $900m and an enterprise value in excess of $2.5bn," Sherrill said.
B&G said it would consider candidates within and outside the business to replace Wenner.
TreeHouse Foods, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service of...
Synopsis Canadean's "Pioneer Foods : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service of...
Qingdao Changshou Foods Co Ltd is committed to the production of peanut-related products with health and high quality. The development strategy of the company is to employ sophisticated technology to ...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report