US: Wenner to step down as B&G Foods CEO
Wenner has led an acquisition spree at B&G in recent years
David Wenner has decided to step down as president and CEO of B&G Foods after over two decades at the US food group.
Wenner, who has worked for B&G for 25 years, with 21 leading the company, will retire from the roles in December but will stay on its board.
"As appealing as it is to continue to be part of this remarkable company, I turn 65 in October. I feel that this milestone in my life signals the right time to make a change for myself and my family," Wenner says. "After over twenty years of my leadership, it also seems an appropriate time to transition B&G Foods to new leadership."
B&G chairman Stephen Sherrill said Wenner had made "innumerable contributions" to the business.
"Under Dave Wenner's leadership, B&G Foods has evolved from a small, regional pickle company to a leading public food company with a diverse portfolio of iconic brands, net sales quickly approaching $900m and an enterprise value in excess of $2.5bn," Sherrill said.
B&G said it would consider candidates within and outside the business to replace Wenner.
Health and wellness food products can be defined as foods and beverages that are specially formulated and distinctively marketed to provide a distinct health or functional benefit to the consumers. Th...
Canadean's "SATO FOODS INDUSTRIES CO., LTD. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major pr...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK