US: Wenner to step down as B&G Foods CEO
Wenner has led an acquisition spree at B&G in recent years
David Wenner has decided to step down as president and CEO of B&G Foods after over two decades at the US food group.
Wenner, who has worked for B&G for 25 years, with 21 leading the company, will retire from the roles in December but will stay on its board.
"As appealing as it is to continue to be part of this remarkable company, I turn 65 in October. I feel that this milestone in my life signals the right time to make a change for myself and my family," Wenner says. "After over twenty years of my leadership, it also seems an appropriate time to transition B&G Foods to new leadership."
B&G chairman Stephen Sherrill said Wenner had made "innumerable contributions" to the business.
"Under Dave Wenner's leadership, B&G Foods has evolved from a small, regional pickle company to a leading public food company with a diverse portfolio of iconic brands, net sales quickly approaching $900m and an enterprise value in excess of $2.5bn," Sherrill said.
B&G said it would consider candidates within and outside the business to replace Wenner.
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Kraft Foods Group, Inc. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key busine......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Whole Foods Market has a strong emphasis on perishable foods, designed to appeal to natural and organic food shoppers. It aspires to become an international brand synonymous with natural and organic f...
Smithfield Foods, the US pork producer owned by China's WH Group, reported a leap in third-quarter earnings on higher meat prices and increased packaged sales....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Whole Grain and High Fiber Foods in US$ Thousands by the following Product Segments: Cereals, Baked Food, Snacks, and Others. The report provides separat...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report