US: Wenner to step down as B&G Foods CEO
Wenner has led an acquisition spree at B&G in recent years
David Wenner has decided to step down as president and CEO of B&G Foods after over two decades at the US food group.
Wenner, who has worked for B&G for 25 years, with 21 leading the company, will retire from the roles in December but will stay on its board.
"As appealing as it is to continue to be part of this remarkable company, I turn 65 in October. I feel that this milestone in my life signals the right time to make a change for myself and my family," Wenner says. "After over twenty years of my leadership, it also seems an appropriate time to transition B&G Foods to new leadership."
B&G chairman Stephen Sherrill said Wenner had made "innumerable contributions" to the business.
"Under Dave Wenner's leadership, B&G Foods has evolved from a small, regional pickle company to a leading public food company with a diverse portfolio of iconic brands, net sales quickly approaching $900m and an enterprise value in excess of $2.5bn," Sherrill said.
B&G said it would consider candidates within and outside the business to replace Wenner.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service of...
Carman’s Fine Foods Pty Ltd continues to seek opportunities to strengthen its position in NH high fibre breakfast cereals and granola/muesli bars by adding new variants to its Carman’s range, while al...
Freedom Foods Group Ltd aims to strategically focus on the food intolerance free from functional foods space and the broader health and wellness segment by leveraging its established brands, particula...
Hubbards Foods is expected to increasingly focus on providing breakfast cereals with health and wellness positioning. The company has identified innovation as a key avenue for growth and is expected t...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015