US: Wenner to step down as B&G Foods CEO
Wenner has led an acquisition spree at B&G in recent years
David Wenner has decided to step down as president and CEO of B&G Foods after over two decades at the US food group.
Wenner, who has worked for B&G for 25 years, with 21 leading the company, will retire from the roles in December but will stay on its board.
"As appealing as it is to continue to be part of this remarkable company, I turn 65 in October. I feel that this milestone in my life signals the right time to make a change for myself and my family," Wenner says. "After over twenty years of my leadership, it also seems an appropriate time to transition B&G Foods to new leadership."
B&G chairman Stephen Sherrill said Wenner had made "innumerable contributions" to the business.
"Under Dave Wenner's leadership, B&G Foods has evolved from a small, regional pickle company to a leading public food company with a diverse portfolio of iconic brands, net sales quickly approaching $900m and an enterprise value in excess of $2.5bn," Sherrill said.
B&G said it would consider candidates within and outside the business to replace Wenner.
Canadean's "S&B Foods Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a com...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Whole Foods Market has a strong emphasis on perishable foods, designed to appeal to natural and organic food shoppers. It aspires to become an international brand synonymous with natural and organic f...
Dean Foods Company - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- Valio targets China with EUR70m whey inve
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape