AUS: Wesfarmers tipped for success in bid for Coles
The A$17bn (US$16.6bn) takeover bid launched by the diversified Australian conglomerate Wesfarmers Ltd for retail combine Coles Group has been tipped for success after it was reported that rival bidder, a group led by private equity firm Texas Pacific Group (TPG), is likely to pull out.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti