BRAZIL: Wesley Batista replaces brother as JBS chief
Brazilian meat processor JBS has appointed Wesley Batista as its CEO, replacing his brother Joesley Batista, who will become the company's chairman.
Wesley Batista has spent the last four years as CEO of the group's US business, where the company said yesterday (1 February) that he focused on the restructuring, expansion and integration of operations in North America and in Australia.
"He has profound knowledge of our business and is well equipped to continue the consolidation, integration and synergy capturing between all our global production platforms," said Joesley Batista of brother Wesley.
Joesley Batista said his move to chairman will allow him to dedicate more of his time to "strategic amatters" and to the "longevity of the company".
The announcement follows speculation that the group made a failed bid to acquire Sara Lee last week.
Shares in the company were down 1.43% at the market's close yesterday to BRL6.39 a share.
US poultry group Pilgrim's Pride has appointed Brazilian Fabio Sandri as chief financial officer....
Two of Brazil's largest meat processors have said they will continue to export meat to Russia after Moscow banned meat imports from three Brazilian states....
US food maker Sara Lee today (3 June) opened a sliced meats plant in Kansas City. ...
JBS, the Brazilian meat giant, has reported mixed first-quarter results, with the company's net income and sales rising - but its EBITDA down on lower profits from its US chicken unit....
US food manufacturer Sara Lee has revealed plans to extend its Hillshire Farm range with the launch of two turkey sausage varieties....
This week has been marked by some high profile acquisition plays with ConAgra Foods making its desire to acquire Ralcorp Holdings known and DuPont making its final offer for Danisco. Meanwhile, the UK...
Sara Lee, the US food maker looking to split into two separate companies, said today (5 May) it was looking to buy "premium" meats firm Aidells Sausage Co. - but admitted it was mulling its options ...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review