NETHERLANDS/UK: Wessanen reinforces position in UK wellness market with Kallo acquisition
The executive board of Dutch food giant Koninklijke Wessanen nv has announced that an agreement has been reached to acquire the UK's Wormley-based Kallo Foods. Kallo is the leading brand for an organic product range in the UK. This extensive range includes healthy products such as rice cakes and breadsticks. Kallo Foods' products are available at most supermarkets and the better health food shops in the UK, and the firm posts annual sales of about €22.5m (US$).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning