NETHERLANDS/UK: Wessanen reinforces position in UK wellness market with Kallo acquisition
The executive board of Dutch food giant Koninklijke Wessanen nv has announced that an agreement has been reached to acquire the UK's Wormley-based Kallo Foods. Kallo is the leading brand for an organic product range in the UK. This extensive range includes healthy products such as rice cakes and breadsticks. Kallo Foods' products are available at most supermarkets and the better health food shops in the UK, and the firm posts annual sales of about €22.5m (US$).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target