NETHERLANDS: Wessanen seals frozen snacks merger
Royal Wessanen and Rabo Capital have completed the merger of their frozen snacks businesses, following consultation with employee representatives.
The deal, announced in April, sees the formation of a jointly owned company called Favory Convenience Food Group. The entity will comprise Rabo Capital's Habek Snacks operation and Wessanen's frozen snacks operations, producing ragout rolls, hamburgers, meat rolls and halal snacks.
Wessanen will own 60.6% of the new company, with Rabo Capital owning the remaining 39.4%. Wessanen added that the transaction was cash neutral for the Dutch food group.
As part of the transaction, Favory Convenience Food Group has acquired the Wessanen private-label frozen snack business and its facilities in Bocholt in Belgium and Tilburg in the Netherlands. Favory will also take over the Habek Snacks facility in Deurne in the Netherlands.
When the deal was first announced, Wessanen said it would allow the company to sharpen its focus on its branded food businesses. "Wessanen is benefiting from the synergies that consolidated production in this mature market will deliver," general manager Henk Spoon said at the time. "Simultaneously it allows Wessanen to focus on its declared strategy of building brands like Beckers."
Rising disposable income in Poland is boosting consumer spending on indulgence items, and the ice cream category is benefiting - and becoming less reliant on the peak summer season. However, while Pol...
As 2007 comes to a close, just-food looks back on the ten stories that registered the highest readership figures of the year. From Tesco's entry into the US to the boardroom shake-up at Hershey, these...
ConAgra Foods has today (20 December) posted rising half-year profits thanks to commodity trading, as a recent pot pie recall hit earnings from its consumer foods business....
UK-based confectioner Zetar has snapped up upmarket Irish chocolate maker Lir Chocolates for up to EUR8m (US$11.5m)....
Greencore is looking at further boosting its business in the foodservice and convenience channels after the two UK acquisitions announced today (13 December)....
Convenience food group Greencore has snapped up two UK business - including a mineral water facility owned by Danone - for a combined GBP15m (US$30.6m)....
Unilever is to invest behind its frozen food business in the US with a US$2m project at a manufacturing facility in Kentucky....
Limoges-based charcuterie firm Madrange has appointed its second chief executive within six months....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units