NETHERLANDS: Wessanen sells snacks unit Izico to PE firm Egeria
Royal Wessanen has announced it is divesting of its Izico business
Dutch food group Wessanen has announced the sale of Benelux snacks unit Izico to local private-equity firm Egeria in a deal worth EUR68m (US$93.9m).
Pending competition approval, from Egeria will acquire all Izico's subsidiaries. Izico has three production locations: one for spring rolls in Katwijk, another for bread snacks in Deurne and a third for meat snacks in the Belgian town of Bocholt.
In 2013 Izico realised revenues of EUR103.3 million, EBITDA of EUR9m and an operating result (EBIT) of EUR6.2 million with on average 389 employees.
Wessanen said the divestment was in line with its strategy of further building its own brands such as Bjorg, Allos, Alter Eco, Bonneterre, Clipper and Zonnatura in the healthy and sustainable food market in Europe.
At the end of February, the firm sold its organic wholesale business Natudis Kroon and Hagor to Dutch wholesaler Vroegop Ruhe & Co.
Royal Wessanen NV (Wessanen) is a Netherlands-based developer, producer and distributor of natural and specialty food products. It offers health foods and premium taste foods such as organic, vegetari...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during February 2014....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019