NETHERLANDS: Wessanen sells snacks unit Izico to PE firm Egeria
Royal Wessanen has announced it is divesting of its Izico business
Dutch food group Wessanen has announced the sale of Benelux snacks unit Izico to local private-equity firm Egeria in a deal worth EUR68m (US$93.9m).
Pending competition approval, from Egeria will acquire all Izico's subsidiaries. Izico has three production locations: one for spring rolls in Katwijk, another for bread snacks in Deurne and a third for meat snacks in the Belgian town of Bocholt.
In 2013 Izico realised revenues of EUR103.3 million, EBITDA of EUR9m and an operating result (EBIT) of EUR6.2 million with on average 389 employees.
Wessanen said the divestment was in line with its strategy of further building its own brands such as Bjorg, Allos, Alter Eco, Bonneterre, Clipper and Zonnatura in the healthy and sustainable food market in Europe.
At the end of February, the firm sold its organic wholesale business Natudis Kroon and Hagor to Dutch wholesaler Vroegop Ruhe & Co.
Royal Wessanen NV (Wessanen) is a Netherlands-based developer, producer and distributor of natural and specialty food products. It offers health foods and premium taste foods such as organic, vegetari...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during February 2014....
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details