NETHERLANDS: Wessanen sells snacks unit Izico to PE firm Egeria
Royal Wessanen has announced it is divesting of its Izico business
Dutch food group Wessanen has announced the sale of Benelux snacks unit Izico to local private-equity firm Egeria in a deal worth EUR68m (US$93.9m).
Pending competition approval, from Egeria will acquire all Izico's subsidiaries. Izico has three production locations: one for spring rolls in Katwijk, another for bread snacks in Deurne and a third for meat snacks in the Belgian town of Bocholt.
In 2013 Izico realised revenues of EUR103.3 million, EBITDA of EUR9m and an operating result (EBIT) of EUR6.2 million with on average 389 employees.
Wessanen said the divestment was in line with its strategy of further building its own brands such as Bjorg, Allos, Alter Eco, Bonneterre, Clipper and Zonnatura in the healthy and sustainable food market in Europe.
At the end of February, the firm sold its organic wholesale business Natudis Kroon and Hagor to Dutch wholesaler Vroegop Ruhe & Co.
Royal Wessanen NV (Wessanen) is a Netherlands-based developer, producer and distributor of natural and specialty food products. It offers health foods and premium taste foods such as organic, vegetari...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during February 2014....
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report