NETHERLANDS: Wessanen sells snacks unit Izico to PE firm Egeria
Royal Wessanen has announced it is divesting of its Izico business
Dutch food group Wessanen has announced the sale of Benelux snacks unit Izico to local private-equity firm Egeria in a deal worth EUR68m (US$93.9m).
Pending competition approval, from Egeria will acquire all Izico's subsidiaries. Izico has three production locations: one for spring rolls in Katwijk, another for bread snacks in Deurne and a third for meat snacks in the Belgian town of Bocholt.
In 2013 Izico realised revenues of EUR103.3 million, EBITDA of EUR9m and an operating result (EBIT) of EUR6.2 million with on average 389 employees.
Wessanen said the divestment was in line with its strategy of further building its own brands such as Bjorg, Allos, Alter Eco, Bonneterre, Clipper and Zonnatura in the healthy and sustainable food market in Europe.
At the end of February, the firm sold its organic wholesale business Natudis Kroon and Hagor to Dutch wholesaler Vroegop Ruhe & Co.
Royal Wessanen NV (Wessanen) is a Netherlands-based developer, producer and distributor of natural and specialty food products. It offers health foods and premium taste foods such as organic, vegetari...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during February 2014....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report