NETHERLANDS: Wessanen Shareholders Explore Campari IPO
The Executive Board of Koninklijke Wessanen, the international food group, today announced that Campari's shareholders, i.e. the Garavoglia family, Wessanen and UBS, have agreed to explore an initial public offering (IPO) of Campari. No firm decision has been taken on the timing of such an IPO, but it is tentatively expected to take place in 2001. Wessanen will reduce its current 35% interest in Campari in connection with an IPO. More announcements will be made closer to the time of the IPO. Executive Board Koninklijke Wessanen nv Based in The Netherlands, Wessanen produces and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy, breakfast, frozen and chilled foods. US units (some 50% of sales) include market leader Kemps Frozen Yogurt; Axelrod, Crowley, and Heluva Good Cheese dairy products; and Tree of Life natural and specialty foods distribution. Wessanen ordinary shares are listed on the Amsterdam, London, Swiss and German stock exchanges and trade in the US in ADR form. Each ADR is equal to one ordinary share and prices may be accessed on the NASD OTC Bulletin Board under the symbol KNKWY. Prices for the ordinary shares may be accessed on Bloomberg under the symbol WESS NA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review