NETHERLANDS: Wessanen to sell off frozen snacks arm Izico
Royal Wessanen hopes to sell off IZICO so it can focus on other areas of the business
Dutch food firm Wessanen has announced it is to sell frozen snacks unit Izico.
Wessanen said Izico was a "non-core activity". It wants to sell the business, which sells snacks under the Beckers and Bicky brands, as well as private label, at a "sensible speed", athough the company said no specific time-frame has been determined.
Wessanen is looking to focus more on the natural and organic sector. Its portfolio includes brands like Kallo rice cakes and Whole Earth peanut butter.
The company further emphasised its focus on the organic sector in 2013 with the purchase of French-based organic and fairtrade food firm France Alter Eco for an undisclosed sum.
Royal Wessanen announces that it has commenced preparations for a divestment of IZICO, its frozen snack activities.
As indicated before, IZICO is considered to be a non-core activity and we are to divest at a sensible speed. No specific timeframe has been determined.
Original source: Wessanen
Royal Wessanen NV (Wessanen) is a Netherlands-based developer, producer and distributor of natural and specialty food products. It offers health foods and premium taste foods such as organic, vegetari...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during February 2014....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits