UK: WestLB Panmure rates Diago as "under perform"
After a re-rating Diageo's stock as "underperform" since the completion of Pillsbury and the regulatory ratification of the acquisition of the Seagram assets, WestLB Panmure believes that a further re-rating is not possible without further re-restructuring. The bank explained that its mathematical modelling of ready-to-drink (eg, Smirnoff Ice) product life cycles shows that the growth of this category is not as bullish as the market seems to expect. The rapid entry of a whole host of new products means that growth and margins should start to wane.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth