UK: WestLB Panmure rates Diago as "under perform"
After a re-rating Diageo's stock as "underperform" since the completion of Pillsbury and the regulatory ratification of the acquisition of the Seagram assets, WestLB Panmure believes that a further re-rating is not possible without further re-restructuring. The bank explained that its mathematical modelling of ready-to-drink (eg, Smirnoff Ice) product life cycles shows that the growth of this category is not as bullish as the market seems to expect. The rapid entry of a whole host of new products means that growth and margins should start to wane.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin