UK: WestLB Panmure rates Diago as "under perform"
After a re-rating Diageo's stock as "underperform" since the completion of Pillsbury and the regulatory ratification of the acquisition of the Seagram assets, WestLB Panmure believes that a further re-rating is not possible without further re-restructuring. The bank explained that its mathematical modelling of ready-to-drink (eg, Smirnoff Ice) product life cycles shows that the growth of this category is not as bullish as the market seems to expect. The rapid entry of a whole host of new products means that growth and margins should start to wane.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti