CANADA/US: Weston Foods buys rye-bread manufacturer Rubschlager
Weston Foods has announced the acquisition of a rye-bread manufacturer Rubschlager
North America-based bakery firm Weston Foods, a subsidiary of George Weston Limited, had announced the acquisition of rye-bread producer Rubschlager Baking Corporation.
Rubschlager's products are sold across the US and Canada and include a range of deli-style cocktain breads, traditional square breads, 100% whole rye Rye-Ola bread, sandwich bread and mini-bread chips.
Kevin McDonough, president of Weston Foods' frozen division, commented: "Rubschlager will bring world-class, authentic rye products and capabilities to complement Weston's broad portfolio of bakery products. We plan to offer these great rye products to our customers in Canada and the US through our existing sales network.
"This acquisition supports Weston Foods' commitment to continue to grow and offer best-in-class, innovative and quality bakery products to the North American market".
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review