CANADA/US: Weston Foods buys rye-bread manufacturer Rubschlager
Weston Foods has announced the acquisition of a rye-bread manufacturer Rubschlager
North America-based bakery firm Weston Foods, a subsidiary of George Weston Limited, had announced the acquisition of rye-bread producer Rubschlager Baking Corporation.
Rubschlager's products are sold across the US and Canada and include a range of deli-style cocktain breads, traditional square breads, 100% whole rye Rye-Ola bread, sandwich bread and mini-bread chips.
Kevin McDonough, president of Weston Foods' frozen division, commented: "Rubschlager will bring world-class, authentic rye products and capabilities to complement Weston's broad portfolio of bakery products. We plan to offer these great rye products to our customers in Canada and the US through our existing sales network.
"This acquisition supports Weston Foods' commitment to continue to grow and offer best-in-class, innovative and quality bakery products to the North American market".
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV
- TreeHouse rationalises production network
- Danish Crown profits slide in "tough" market