UK: What On Earth launches egg brand
What On Earth egg range launched
Organic food group What On Earth has launched its own brand of organic eggs.
The range of Italian-sourced organic eggs is available through Ocado and some "smaller retailers", What On Earth director Jeremy Jaffe told just-food.
According to Jaffe, the launch developed from What On Earth's wholesale business supplying foodservice customers.
"The natural progression was to do it with our own brand. We were working with Ocado and they said: yeah, do it."
The company does not currently plan to extend the range into the UK's larger multiples, Jaffe added.
"We are a small organic business and Ocado is about as big as we go... we are not supermarket pedlars."
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning