UK: What On Earth launches egg brand
What On Earth egg range launched
Organic food group What On Earth has launched its own brand of organic eggs.
The range of Italian-sourced organic eggs is available through Ocado and some "smaller retailers", What On Earth director Jeremy Jaffe told just-food.
According to Jaffe, the launch developed from What On Earth's wholesale business supplying foodservice customers.
"The natural progression was to do it with our own brand. We were working with Ocado and they said: yeah, do it."
The company does not currently plan to extend the range into the UK's larger multiples, Jaffe added.
"We are a small organic business and Ocado is about as big as we go... we are not supermarket pedlars."
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015