UK: What On Earth launches egg brand
What On Earth egg range launched
Organic food group What On Earth has launched its own brand of organic eggs.
The range of Italian-sourced organic eggs is available through Ocado and some "smaller retailers", What On Earth director Jeremy Jaffe told just-food.
According to Jaffe, the launch developed from What On Earth's wholesale business supplying foodservice customers.
"The natural progression was to do it with our own brand. We were working with Ocado and they said: yeah, do it."
The company does not currently plan to extend the range into the UK's larger multiples, Jaffe added.
"We are a small organic business and Ocado is about as big as we go... we are not supermarket pedlars."
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"