UK: What On Earth launches egg brand
What On Earth egg range launched
Organic food group What On Earth has launched its own brand of organic eggs.
The range of Italian-sourced organic eggs is available through Ocado and some "smaller retailers", What On Earth director Jeremy Jaffe told just-food.
According to Jaffe, the launch developed from What On Earth's wholesale business supplying foodservice customers.
"The natural progression was to do it with our own brand. We were working with Ocado and they said: yeah, do it."
The company does not currently plan to extend the range into the UK's larger multiples, Jaffe added.
"We are a small organic business and Ocado is about as big as we go... we are not supermarket pedlars."
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Briefing: The emergence of gluten-free in Spain
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food