What the analysts say - The verdict on Asda's Q2
UK retailer Asda yesterday (16 August) booked an increase in second-quarter sales but sales slowed in the most recent three months of its financial year. CEO Andy Clarke said he was "proud" of the retailer's performance in the quarter, but analysts generally gave a mixed view of the performance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake