AUSTRALIA: Wheat wonderland in Victoria as farmers report bountiful harvest
Farmers in Victoria have revealed that the 2000 harvest is one of the largest for over ten years, totalling 3m tonnes of wheat and 6m tonnes of grain. The bumper wheat is not expected to mean extra revenues for farmers, however, fetching only A$180-200 per tonne. This is because of the low protein content of 10.5%, as opposed to the normal level of 12.5-13%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"