AUSTRALIA: Wheat wonderland in Victoria as farmers report bountiful harvest
Farmers in Victoria have revealed that the 2000 harvest is one of the largest for over ten years, totalling 3m tonnes of wheat and 6m tonnes of grain. The bumper wheat is not expected to mean extra revenues for farmers, however, fetching only A$180-200 per tonne. This is because of the low protein content of 10.5%, as opposed to the normal level of 12.5-13%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin