AUSTRALIA: Wheat wonderland in Victoria as farmers report bountiful harvest
Farmers in Victoria have revealed that the 2000 harvest is one of the largest for over ten years, totalling 3m tonnes of wheat and 6m tonnes of grain. The bumper wheat is not expected to mean extra revenues for farmers, however, fetching only A$180-200 per tonne. This is because of the low protein content of 10.5%, as opposed to the normal level of 12.5-13%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast