AUSTRALIA: Wheat wonderland in Victoria as farmers report bountiful harvest
Farmers in Victoria have revealed that the 2000 harvest is one of the largest for over ten years, totalling 3m tonnes of wheat and 6m tonnes of grain.
The bumper wheat is not expected to mean extra revenues for farmers, however, fetching only A$180-200 per tonne. This is because of the low protein content of 10.5%, as opposed to the normal level of 12.5-13%.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units