USA: Where's the Beef? Ad Guru Takes Food Where It's Never Been Before for QUIZNO'S(R)
If you were trying to sell the sub sandwich that claims to taste better than any other, would you show it on national TV being pulled out of a growling dog's mouth, scooped together on the floor, then promptly eaten? Or would you show a professional woman pulling the remnants from a trash can and licking the wrapper?Cliff Freeman, the advertising guru of Where's the Beef? and Pizza Pizza fame, says that in a strange kind of way, those scenes will show that QUIZNO'S Classic Subs are irresistible and customers are passionate about them.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations