USA: Whitbread - more units could be for the chop - COMMENT (Members)
Whitbread is considering selling some of its restaurant chains. The restaurants are currently failing to hit Whitbread's 5% growth target, so risk joining its pubs and brewing business in being sold off. However, some chains are doing substantially better than others. While Bella Pasta and Cafe Rouge could well be on the way out when the group finishes its review in autumn, the rest of the unit may be spared the ax.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action