USA: Whitbread - more units could be for the chop - COMMENT (Members)
Whitbread is considering selling some of its restaurant chains. The restaurants are currently failing to hit Whitbread's 5% growth target, so risk joining its pubs and brewing business in being sold off. However, some chains are doing substantially better than others. While Bella Pasta and Cafe Rouge could well be on the way out when the group finishes its review in autumn, the rest of the unit may be spared the ax.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods