USA: Whitbread - more units could be for the chop - COMMENT (Members)
Whitbread is considering selling some of its restaurant chains. The restaurants are currently failing to hit Whitbread's 5% growth target, so risk joining its pubs and brewing business in being sold off. However, some chains are doing substantially better than others. While Bella Pasta and Cafe Rouge could well be on the way out when the group finishes its review in autumn, the rest of the unit may be spared the ax.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations