UK: Whitbread - red in the face - COMMENT (Members)
Whitbread has decided to sell its Pelican restaurants unit, including Bella Pasta and Cafe Rouge. The Pelican division has consistently failed to meet Whitbread's expectations. Instead, the high street has become crowded with rival restaurants, leaving little room for growth. Despite a larger number of restaurants, Whitbread may have trouble convincing buyers to pay as much as it did for the group in 1996.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli