Whitby Seafoods buys Dawnfresh scampi business
Whitby Seafoods adds to scampi business through Dawnfresh deal
Whitby Seafoods has snapped up the frozen scampi operations of fellow UK processor Dawnfresh Seafoods.
Dawnfresh, which is based in Scotland, confirmed the sale of the asset when contacted by just-food but declined to comment further.
The company, the largest trout producer in the UK, supplies domestic and international foodservice and retail customers with a range of species. It markets fresh, frozen, marinated and smoked lines to customers.
Whitby Seafoods produces frozen seafood products coated in batter or breadcrumbs, including scampi.
The group had not returned a request for comment at the time of writing.
The company was mulling whether its factory in Scotland, Galloway Seafoods, should continue to coat and pack scampi and other seafood products due to the duplication with work carried out at other plants. Production could move to the group's site in Whitby in North Yorkshire.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK