USA: White House approves irradiation of imported fruit and veg
The White House's Office of Management and Budget has approved federal rules permitting the irradiation of imported fruit and vegetables. The rules are called the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) rules and will now be forwarded to the US Federal Register for publication, reported Dow Jones Newswires. The Federal Register contains the government's rules and regulations and decrees how government programmes are operated.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action