USA: White House approves irradiation of imported fruit and veg
The White House's Office of Management and Budget has approved federal rules permitting the irradiation of imported fruit and vegetables. The rules are called the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) rules and will now be forwarded to the US Federal Register for publication, reported Dow Jones Newswires. The Federal Register contains the government's rules and regulations and decrees how government programmes are operated.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes