WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt in US
WhiteWave pointed to "wave of growth" in Australian-style yoghurt segment
?WhiteWave Foods has launched Yulu, an "Australian-style" yoghurt, in the US.
The company said Yulu, which contains 10g of protein, was "inspired by an authentic yoghurt recipe from Australia".
In a statement to just-food, WhiteWave said: "Yulu is double smoothed, meaning its fresh ingredients and whole fruit are blended twice, creating a creamier alternative to Greek yoghurt. Yulu is a great option for consumers who want a delicious, creamy, protein-packed yoghurt without the tangy, tart taste often associated with high-protein yoghurts."
WhiteWave has developed a range of five flavours, including honey, strawberry and raspberry. The brand is on sale nationally in the US.
Announcing the launch of Yulu last week at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York investment conference, Blaine McPeak, the head of WhiteWave's business in the Americas, said: "Yulu is a high-protein, Australian-style yoghurt, which we think has tremendous potential to ride the wave of growth we've been seeing in this emerging segment."
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO